Answered

Sonos Port - Can't Control Volume with Receiver

• 26 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a Sonos Port that connected to my Onkyo 585 Receiver.  My Port is connected to both my Onkyo and my turntable.  When playing a record on the turntable, I get music through my Onkyo surround sound speakers that are hardwired to my Onkyo receiver.  I also get sound to my all my Sonos speakers scattered around the house.  It’s nice - play a vinyl record in the living room and hear it throughout the house.

The problem is that I have to set the volume on the Onkyo for the living room speakers (all other Sonos speakers are controlled easily by the Sonos App).  I set the line out to Fixed in the Sonos App, which should allow me to control the Port volume with the Onkyo remote or knob, but when I try to adjust it I get “volume set by Sonos” on the Onkyo receiver display.

How do i control the volume of the Port with my receiver controls?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 26 February 2020, 18:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

Make sure the Port’s Line-Level Out does not have Pass-Through enabled. Let us know if that helps.

Cheers!

Badge

Will do, thanks.  That is configured in the Sonos App somewhere?

Badge

If it’s the setting that is either Fixed, Variable, or Pas-Through, I already have that as Fixed.  All the manuals say to set it at Fixed and the receiver controls the volume.  But that’s not working.