Answered

sonos port and app sync

• 19 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Using LG Oled and AppleTV - I replaced Sonos Beam with two Play 5 gen 2 white speakers and Sub as room 2.  I added Sonos Port as Room 1. Using HDMI 2 ARC , the Oled Audio is fed to an HDMI to analog converter that uses rca to send the LG sound to the Port line in. Set up was easy and I use Port as room1 then add stereo paired room 2. Music apps sound amazing ! Controlling volume and mute with Apple TV remote works perfectly. Opening the Sonos App and adding rooms / changing volume etc works the same as with the Beam. Using the App I can visually see and hear the volume changes as I make them. When using the Apple TV remote to change volume … change is heard but the Sonos App volume sliders remain in place. 
Sonos Port line in volume changes are not displayed in Sonos App. 
Also I first tried a Sonos Connect but it is not supported in the current Sonos App. 

icon

Best answer by John B 20 March 2022, 11:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sorry, what's your question?

PORT and AppleTV controllers do not interact when you change output of AppleTV using the AppleTV App,  PORT’s output will change (because its input has changed), but the SONOS controller is not aware of this.

TV, Apple TV, and BEAM can communicate with each other using the CEC (Consumer Electronic Control) bus, which is part of the HDMI cable. PORT has no access to CEC.

Hi. If I understand correctly, you have replaced a Sonos speaker that is designed for TV audio (Beam) with various devices that are not intended for TV audio. 

If you are now having problems with TV sound then that is not surprising and the best course of action may be to go back to the Beam.