Question

Sonos only working if my Play 1 is selected as part of the group

• 1 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi there. Turned my router on and off 24 hours ago and since then, Spotify via Sonos only works if I start playing via my Play 1 and then add in the other speakers (have a play 3, 5 and Connect). If I try to start playing Spotify via Sonos via another speaker, nothing (connection to Spotify lost). Other services,e.g. Google Play seem unaffected. In terms of setup, my Play 5 is attached to my router to create the Sonos network. Any ideas why the Spotify via Sonos service might only be working when instigated through my Play 1?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
HI Bectism,

When you rebooted the router did you reboot everything else? I would reboot again. shut everything on the network off. Sara the router and leave one of the Sonos products plugged in to the router. and then bring up the rest
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Also check that the SonosNet and your router are on different channels.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1230/kw/solosnet%20channel/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ4MzI4MTkzMS9zaWQvZlVZWGEyJTdFZmJ6clpQWWxxYnJ6Ulp1WWJ5a1ZXWURQVDdCTmFKdjRiMUpaUGlGbjZuc1FXQTF4b2FCZmpJVk45YUJyVTFBVTdIR0NUb0l1Mjhuck1XRU5mV0NkM2JneGVhVXB4ZWt0dW5tdyU3RTMzek1Pc1FSSWFsQSUyMSUyMQ==
Many thanks CapnLes. That seems to have done the trick! Happy New Year!