Question

Sonos One and Sonos CONNECT

• 15 November 2017
  • 6 replies

I have a Sonos Control in two locations and driving two A/V Stereo systems in my home. I would like to voice control them and adding a Sonos One. By adding a Sonos One i get a speaker in my kitchen. The question is can i group the music between the "Sonos one" and the two "Sonos Control" so they are all in sync? will there be any delay in playback as the kitchen is close to the family room where one of the AV systems is?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Gern geschehen, Bruce, you're welcome. 🙂
You can definitely group them. Whether there is a delay depends on your receiver and any DSP effects you use. Most receivers have a Pure or Direct stereo mode that passes through the signal without delay.
Just out of curiosity, what is a Sonos Control? I've never heard of such a device before. Is it the real name of the CR100/200 series?
Just out of curiosity, what is a Sonos Control? I've never heard of such a device before. Is it the real name of the CR100/200 series?
I think he actually meant a Connect.

I have a Sonos Control in two locations and driving two A/V Stereo systems in my home. [...]
Danke!
I would like to voice control them and adding a Sonos One. By adding a Sonos One i get a speaker in my kitchen.
How will you voice control them from the kitchen? You can of course, but the voice controller is better placed where the receivers are. If you are a fan of this control, a better option may be to add a play 1 in the kitchen and Dot devices in the three listening areas.