Answered

Sonos One and Audo Technica LP60-BT

• 28 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Before I purchase another Sonos, does anyone know if a way to connect a device to the Sonos One? The Audio Technica has Bluetooth pairing, but it's not clear how to connect the ONE to anything other than a computer or phone?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 28 December 2018, 21:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The only Sonos units with the ability to connect analog devices is the Connect, Connect:Amp, Amp, and Play:5. No Sonos devices are Bluetooth equipped.
Sorry, that's confusing and it could be just my ignorance, but. the Sonos One connects to both my computer and my phone via Bluetooth. The Audio Technica has Bluetooth pairing. I have been able to connect other speakers with it. The "ONE" just seems to be missing a clear 'pairing' button that Audio Technica displays in their videos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, neecha2k2. jgatie is right here. Sonos does not connect to any audio source via Bluetooth. There is no pairing button. If your phone or computer is an Apple device it may be using AirPlay 2, which is a bit different than Bluetooth.
ah, maybe it's doing it over the network. no, it's not just an apple thing. The Sonos One connects to any device, but it appears it's just on the network, that was my confusion. thanks!