Answered

sonos internet/wifi connection

what does the colors mean on the sonos. intermittent white, solid purple, and yellow. Next to my computer the sonos is illluminating white at the tv it is intermittenting yellow, and the wall plug is purple. what is happening?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 19 April 2019, 19:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
As Bruce said, that'd be the Orbi, made by Netgear. According to their website here

Pulsing magenta. When your Orbi satellite's ring LED pulses magenta for the first time, it means that your satellite is attempting to connect to your Orbi router. If the ring LED pulses magenta for more than one minute, it could be for the following reasons: the satellite lost the connection to the router or the satellite is unable to get an IP address from the router.
Solid magenta. Your Orbi satellite ring is solid magenta for 10 seconds if it is unable to obtain the IP address from the router.

As to Sonos, the white LED flashing on our devices usually means it's booting up or getting an IP address. If it's solid, that means it has an IP and thinks it should be connected to a system (in rare cases, it could mean other things).
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, captain36. Check out this article we have on the LED's on Sonos devices. Let us know if you have any questions.
the sonos devices are all located in different rooms. The sonos in the computer room is flashing white, the tv/entertainment center room sonos is flashing yellow, and the transponder sonos in family room is flashing purple.
Did you read the article that Keith linked?
yes I read the article. But my system has been working for over a year with no problems and all of a sudden this colors are showing. None of the colors are described in the article.
That certainly wasn't clear from your post. It might be helpful to Keith if you were to submit a system diagnostic and post the number here, so he has some additional hard data about your system, so he can perhaps answer your questions.
Confirmation # 135808310
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
yes I read the article. But my system has been working for over a year with no problems and all of a sudden this colors are showing. None of the colors are described in the article.
Intermittent White
Sonos products flash a white light while they are booting up after being plugged into power. Once the player is booted up, the light will change to either solid white, or another color described in this article.

Flashing Yellow/Orange
If a player that has already been set up begins to flash orange when you try to play music to it, playback has failed. This may happen if you press the Play/Pause or Mute button on the player and there is no track in the queue to be played.

There is no purple LED on Sonos devices. What is the model of Sonos device that is giving a purple LED? Is there anything covering the LED that could be changing the color?
There is no model number but it says Orbi and is plugged into a wall socket. the color could be lavender
I'm pretty sure that if it says "Orbi" on it, it's some sort of Orbi device, and not a Sonos device. If you're curious about Orbi LED states, I'd encourage you to look at an Orbi support site, not a Sonos one.
Thanks, for all the help. I checked the netgear website too. I seems the problem is on my side i.e. internet provider and not the sonos system. Thanks again for your help.