Answered

Sonos in multiple rooms turn off when tb turned on

• 25 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi there! I have multiple Sonos amps in my house, one of which is connected to a TV via HDMI arc. I often play audio via Airplay 2 across the whole house, but then when someone turns on the TV in the living room it auto disconnects Airplay in the rest of the house. 
How can I keep the Music playing and Airplay connected in the rest of the house when someone turns on the TV? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 25 November 2021, 04:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Is Ungroup on Autoplay enabled on the Amp connected to the TV? Although I am not sure how this feature works over AirPlay.

Is Ungroup on Autoplay enabled on the Amp connected to the TV?

Thanks for the reply! Yes this works but I would like to retain the autoplay functionality of the tv, where the TV auto switches input. 

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the reply! Yes this works but I would like to retain the autoplay functionality of the tv, where the TV auto switches input. 

Is TV Autoplay enabled?

Is TV Autoplay enabled?

Sorry yes - so when Ungroup on Autoplay is ON, everything turns off via Airplay. When it’s OFF it sends the tv audio to all my speakers. 

So I’m looking for autoplay to work, but just the TV to disconnect from Airplay and leave the rest playing music. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

No real idea here, but if you are starting your group from the TV Amp it may go away when the Amp switches modes.

Try starting the group from a different Amp or Speaker.

Userlevel 7

Is TV Autoplay enabled?

Sorry yes - so when Ungroup on Autoplay is ON, everything turns off via Airplay. When it’s OFF it sends the tv audio to all my speakers. 

So I’m looking for autoplay to work, but just the TV to disconnect from Airplay and leave the rest playing music. 

So basically you want Ungroup on Autoplay with AirPlay. Unfortunately this feature doesn’t exist. Your best option is to stream music from within the Sonos app or through Spotify Connect and group your speakers through the Sonos app so you can take advantage of both the TV Autoplay and Ungroup on Autoplay features.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Does it happen if you Airplay to a different Amp other than the one connected to the tv?