Sonos+ Home Theater System

• 27 February 2008
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Why don't Sonos extend their program with a home-theater system??

Today I have a nice Sonos system in my living room and use it as my music system and also connected to my Media Center (Tvix) with tha AUX-input which works quite fine(except for the timedelay). To have a the home-theater system with 5+1 or 7+1 speakers I would need to buy an ugly reciever and would loose some of the advantages with the Sonos remote.

I guess that there must be a lot of people out there with the same problem??

A "perfect solution" in my eyes would be to have a Sonos amplifier with 3+1 channel for the front left+right + center + subwoofer and then connect a second ZP100 for the back channels. (HDMI In/ out would of course not be a disadvantage:) )

Are Sonos working on a solution like this or what are the longterm plan for the future "multimedia" needs??

1 reply

I defiantely see the potential here, and if Sonos were to update their ZP100 with 3 more RCA outs to cover a full 5.1 direct out, that might be nice.... but if I am honestly thinking about it.... its likely not going to be a widely used function. I am going off the assumption that most (i never say all because the two of you who dissagree will be all over me) people who have a full 5.1 or 7.1 system set up, have it set up already with a receiver...thus negating this issue.