Answered

Sonos Five to Pro-Ject T1 Audio Issue.

• 1 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Bought my Dad a Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable to connect to his Play:5 Sonos Speaker.

He’s having Audio issues - Telling me the audio output is not playing all the music / sound.  He says the RCA connection in the back of the Play:5 does not seem tight.  It didn’t “click” into the speaker.  

Could it be the wrong cord Sonos sent me - any ideas would really help.  

icon

Best answer by JaredSim1 8 July 2020, 00:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @JaredSim1.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out to us.

I would like to give some clarifications on this situation. 

If we are using the Sonos Five as the speaker, It does not have an RCA connection port at the back. What it does have is a 3.5 mm headphone socket. That being said, The Pro-Ject Turntable uses and RCA cable which would not fit if directly connected to into the back of the Sonos Five. What we need is an RCA to 3.5 mm headphone socket converter which should work with playing music through the Sonos Five.

Please if this is or this is not the case in this situation. We’re always here to help,

Thanks,

Thank you Paul - I mis-wrote the correct setup.

yes - The pro-Ject Turntable has (2) RCA outputs, into the single jack into the back of the Sonos Five.

The cable Sonos sent us, fits well into the (2) RCA jacks on the back of the turntable - but the single connection in the back of the sonos five is not a tight connection.    He’s not getting the sound/lyrics from the album.  

he’s using the cord Sonos sent in a separate package - Could it be the cable ?

at this point - He’s ready to return the turntable.  I’m not ready to give up 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @JaredSim1.

I would recommend trying checking the cable it self if it fits on your mobile phone’s headphone jack., It may require a little bit of effort into making it fit at the back of the Sonos Five. If at some point it does fit on your mobile phone’s headphone socket but not at the back of the Sonos Five. I may advise calling our Technical support Team for further in-depth troubleshooting step and for a possible replacement you may want to take a picture of the back side of the Sonos Five while the 2.5 mm headphone jack is plugged or a video will do as well as the serial number of the device. They are open Mondays through Fridays from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM EST.

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns. We are always here, ready to help.

Thanks,

Update - Issue Fixed with a new Cord

Always found it odd that cord was shipped separate of turn table, but ordered new RCA / 3.5mm audio cables - Installed and re-downloaded SONOS App.  Issue fixed and we have sound

appears cable sent with turntable was smaller than the 3.5mm connection.  

Take Note SONOS - please ensure you’re shipping correct audio cables with turn table.

Thank you Paul A for your responses 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @JaredSim1.

Thanks for the immediate feedback.

I would recommend calling our Sales team for you to get a free replacement for your accessory since this was a newly bought Sonos system.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We will be glad to help out.

Thanks,

Hello 

I’ve ordered and received the  turntable and the sonos5 :

• 1 cable RCA to  RCA with headphone jack adapter was inclided in the turntable box
  •  1 have received another cable separatly (white one RCA to headphone jack)

the 1st one doesn’t work and with the 2nd one the sound is very very low even when I change the settings in the app.

Any recommandation? 

I ordered this bundle (turntable + sonso5) as it was supposed not to require any amp.

I’m a bit lost :(

Plenty of responses to your other post about the same issue.