Question

Sonos / Echo Private Beta

• 29 September 2016
  • 51 replies

Userlevel 1
So how would one go about getting on the Echo control private beta?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

51 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Would love to get in on a beta if one is available...

You must register at the Sonos beta site to be considered. See here:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2978/~/sonos-beta-programs
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks, yep been in Beta for 18 months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thanks, yep been in Beta for 18 months.

You need to make sure you are an active member of the Beta process by providing feedback - Positive or negative and make sure it is good quality
Hi sonos. I am already on the beta program and also have an Amazon echo. I would be honoured if you chose me to test any echo beta programs
Userlevel 2
Also here. Have the whole house filled with SONOS units. Have two Alexa units, have Spotify and a degree in Electrical Engineering with a lot of experince in development and beta testing for different products. Was the winner of the best beta tester once on a Cisco product. Please enroll me into your coming SONOS - ALEXA - SPOTIFY beta 🙂
Ditto ...... I've a full Echo & Echo Dot and would also love to contribute towards testing.
I'm signed up to the public beta.
I would be happy to beta!
"Pick me, pick me please!! Pleaseee!"

Just like the good old days in elementary school.

Oh well.
I'd love to join the private beta
I'd love to get into the private beta!!! I own an echo dot, a couple of sonos 1 and a sonos connect!
I'm an avid Sonos fan, and product tester, I have 4 Sonos around the house, a connect, an echo dot and a regular echo. I'd love to be in the private beta for this.
Badge +2
I believe there's no beta about Sonos-Alexa going on. So why is everyone acting like they are looking for candidates ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There's no Public Beta. But in terms of Private Beta that is what folks on this thread are requesting to be involved. But as the first rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club.....................................
Badge +2
for requesting to be involved in a private beta, there must be a private beta. I believe there is also no "private beta" at the moment. I have been using both Sonos and Amazon Echo for a long time. I have 4 Echo Dots and 4 Sonos devices in 4 rooms. I was invited to the last 4 or 5 private beta programme and have made contribution to all of them.
I believe, if there's any private beta , I would be invited already.

ps. when there's no fight club you can talk about non-existing fight club.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Private Beta is by invite. THIS thread is for wannabe Echo Private Beta testers due to the popularity and maybe people think there might be a freebie or cheap Echo in it.
One thing is most likely. If you aren't registered for Beta it would seem very unlikely you would be invited to a Private Beta

The reality is there is no way to know, unless you are in one, if there is a Private Beta on-going as once you are in you don't talk about it. AT ALL.
Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush.
Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush.

Great movie!
S. B. Confidential, lol.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hey Ryan. I hear that some invites are going out for 7.3 with Alexa control. I'd like to be on that list.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hey Ryan. I hear that some invites are going out for 7.3 with Alexa control. I'd like to be on that list.

Seeing as the Private Betas are covered by legally binding NDAs even to the extent that the existence of the Private Beta is covered I'm guessing you've just demonstrated that, given you are willing to spread internet gossip, you aren't realty the "sort" they are looking for.
Userlevel 1
Badge
[quote=Stuart_W]Hey Ryan. I hear that some invites are going out for 7.3 with Alexa control. I'd like to be on that list.

Seeing as the Private Betas are covered by legally binding NDAs even to the extent that the existence of the Private Beta is covered I'm guessing you've just demonstrated that, given you are willing to spread internet gossip, you aren't realty the "sort" they are looking for.[/quote

Just kind of curious. Are you born an asshole or did that happen after some trauma? I asked a question, not your opinion on who should be in a private beta.
As blunt as Stuart_W can be, he does have a point. I'm sure that if Sonos is currently doing a private beta, they'll have no lack of volunteers. Giving their insistence on private betas being, well . . . private, one way to pare down the field is to eliminate those who seem hell bent on discussing them in public.
Badge +1
SONOS and TRNTBL by VNYL: Any recent updates on connecting the TRNTBL turntable to SONOS. Product mentioned in the Wall St Journal a few days ago? Or, might the topic have already been started in a different question ?

http://trntbl.co
Please add me as an Echo SONOS Beta tester. I have 4 SONOS Play 3 and 3 ECHO Dot's just itchin to work together. Thaks!