Sonos & Costco

• 6 April 2005
  • 38 replies

Userlevel 2
Sonos is now available on Costco.com at a discounted price. Intro bundle $1099!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Userlevel 2
Sonos IS alive and well in Europe. If you opened your eyes you'd see a very large of UK contributors to the forum - and that's just the guys that list their location.

FYI there is at least one authorised (r)etailer in the UK that discounts a bundle by the pricely sum of £10.
Badge +1
Sonos IS alive and well in Europe. If you opened your eyes you'd see a very large of UK contributors to the forum - and that's just the guys that list their location.

FYI there is at least one authorised (r)etailer in the UK that discounts a bundle by the pricely sum of £10.

Impressive 1% discount 😃 sorry I meant no bad but I had to say this 😃

Impressive 1% discount 😃 sorry I meant no bad but I had to say this :D

Uhh, you do realize this thread and the post you are replying to are over 11 years old, almost as old as Sonos itself?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yeah., unfortunately it's been about 5 years since I last saw Sonos at Costco here in the US. The last offer was a Play:5 (the first-gen one, obviously) and a Bridge, along with 6 months of Rhapsody service... all for the cost of a Play:5 alone elsewhere.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I know this thread is ancient but they are selling the Playbar now. https://www.costco.com/Sonos-PLAYBAR-Bundle-with-Bonus%3A-Wall-Mount-Kit-%2526-6-Months-Apple-Music-.product.100375330.html?catalogId=10701&langId=-1&storeId=10301&krypto=MsedLrRsyna4yGnE1KEhP81eH0ECWrT2ZPIs6B%2F4WvohxKzMKC0dSJU1WDEmRpMZ%2Bqk9EQbaHt0gpIxnXVNJOm7EIAH6NQ%2BEYnu8GnfNQyE%3D
Badge +1
Uhh, you do realize this thread and the post you are replying to are over 11 years old, almost as old as Sonos itself?

Well I didn't in the time I replied. Even If I did I would do it again, I see no harm in continue discussions that cold down, As we can see from @nifoxke, it's still actual 🙂

Well I didn't in the time I replied. Even If I did I would do it again, I see no harm in continue discussions that cold down, As we can see from @nifoxke, it's still actual :)

Cold (sic) down? It was a one page thread from 11 years ago! It wasn't even hot back then, lol.
Badge
I just wanted to note that when you buy at costco, you will be charged sales tax, which will essentially eat up the $100 savings. At an 8% sales tax, $1099 becomes $1186.92.

Costco operates in nearly all 50 states, so you will most likely have to pay this sales tax. However, Sonos operates in only two states, MA and CA, and sales tax is only added if you live there. Now, for those of you in CA, Costco might be an option if you are willing to foreit the warranty service.
Badge
I'm sure you are aware that sales tax is due on your purchase no matter where or who you buy from. You'll either pay at the time of purchase or at the end of the year when you file your taxes.
I'm sure you are aware that sales tax is due on your purchase no matter where or who you buy from. You'll either pay at the time of purchase or at the end of the year when you file your taxes.

Once again, this thread is 11 years old, so much of the info is ancient history.. Most online providers didn't charge sales tax for any state they didn't have a physical presence in back then. Nowadays, they charge the tax for the majority of states.
Badge +1
Even so the warranties questions and answers I believe are up to date, no?
FYI for fellow veterans of any US military branch. You will soon be able to shop online at the AAFES Exchange. They carry Sonos, tax free and free shipping. I can't log in yet (November 11th), but I believe they may even have discounts on Sonos.

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I know this thread is ancient but they are selling the Playbar now. Sonos Playbar Bundle

NICE... forgot about the website, since they have lots of other stuff that may not be available in-store! Only the Playbar for the moment though... price is the same, but includes wall mount bracket and 6 months of Apple Music.