Answered

Sonos Connect with no lights, missing from app

Badge

My Sonos connect was working fine, then just stopped (lost connection on SONOS) ethernet lights were solid green/ amber. Disconnected and switched off and on, white light flashed but system couldn’t recognise its existence. Switched off / on again but this time no white light. This is now how it appears. Has it finally packed up?

icon

Best answer by Kyle A 27 July 2020, 22:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Redlazza, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

Here’s an article explaining what the LED lights mean. Sonos LED Lights

I would like to take a closer look, now that the Sonos Connect is not showing any LED light.

Plug it back into power and make sure the power cable is firmly connected both on the power outlet and the Sonos Connect.

It will start flashing white, telling you that is on the Boot-up sequence. Wait for it to stop flashing then check the app if it appears.

Take a diagnostic and I’ll take a look at your Sonos system. Settings > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Badge

Hi Kyle, thanks for the response. I’ll plug in and power up Connect today and then submit diagnostic. Cheers

Badge

Hi Kyle - submitted diagnostics - Connect was named “Lounge” - still no lights present on boot up .

Badge

Hi again - just checked SONOS connect and it now shows a green light on the front and the ethernet connections are constant green / orange

Badge

Hi Kyle, I’ve just submitted another diagnostics - this one is where the CONNECT is displaying a fixed green light and the ethernet sockets are fixed green/amber (no leads are connected) - not sure if this test differs from the first or of any help. 

It would probably help Kyle or his co-workers if you were to post the number of the diagnostic in this thread. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Redlazza, sorry for the late response.

A solid green light means it’s on mute, it will show up in the diagnostic.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a diagnostic; could you please post them here so we can check.

Badge

Hi Kyle - I’m not sure (maybe stupid) but I’m not sure how to post the diagnostics - have I got them?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Redlazza, thank you for the update.

Here’s how to take a diagnostic Submit Diagnostics and then when the diagnostic is finished it will also show a confirmation number.

We can use that number to check the data the diagnostic has.

Update us with confirmation number and we’ll check the diagnostics.

Badge

Will do - thanks

Badge

Hi Kyle

Had to connect the CONNECT to the bridge which is connected to the router - couldn’t use one of the two connections on the router as one goes to the Sky box (dare not unplug) and the other to the bridge which brought the SONOS network down. So here is the diagnostic number for the test run: 816127493

Cheers

Badge

Hi again - disregard the last diagnostic report number (forgot to plug in the CONNECT) - please use 1179876902

Apologies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Redlazza, Thank you for the update.

It’s fine, no need to apologize. I checked both diagnostic and the Connect is not showing up.

When you plugged in the Connect to power did you wait for it to finish the boot-up sequence before taking the 1179876902 diagnostics?

If not, please take a diagnostic so we can see the Sonos Connect.

I would like to know the lights it showed when you plugged it back in as well.

Badge

Hi Kyle

When the power lead is inserted into the CONNECT there is no sign of anything booting up (pressing any buttons does not cause anything to happen - if left long enough the ethernet sockets at the back both show green/amber lights in constantly, even if there are no leads attached, and the mute button sometimes shows a green light on constantly.

????

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Redlazza, thank you for the update.

Looks like the condition of the connect is more serious than we initially thought.

I would recommend calling our technical support to assess the Sonos Connect.

This behavior is not normal for any Sonos speaker.

Badge

Ok Thanks for trying

My connect is doing the same thing, flashing white light and cannot be found by the system.  4 other Sonos products are being found.  What have people learned here?  Why won’t Sonos tell us either do this OR this means your unit is dead?

Most of these cases are covered in the LED states FAQ. However, it’s hard to be definitive with just blinking lights, for the more definitive knowledge, you’d need to submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Thanks Airgetlam - I wonder what help a diagnostic would provide since the Connect is not showing up as being in my system?

Since I’ve never seen the contents of a diagnostic, I’ve no idea. But it’s a great way of providing them with enough hard data to open a conversation.