Answered

Sonos Connect with Apple TV

• 23 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Dear all, can I connect my Apple TV to transmit the sound through my Sonos Connect to my speakers? 🆒
icon

Best answer by Belly M 23 August 2017, 19:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The Play:1 speakers don't have a line in connection, so not possible.
How does this apply to Sonos Play 1 (2 speaker setup)? Just looking for a simple “connect this cable to this end and the other end to that device” kind of answer and can’t find it anywhere.
Thanks a lot. Make sense.
Badge +20
Unfortunately there is a delay, this delay is what ensures all Sobos speakers are in sync when playing back music. The Playbar does not have this delay as its designed for TV use and the lip sync delay is minimal.
Thanks Belly. I have the latest ATV4, so the audio extractor seems to be the solution. Did not know this devices existed. So if audio will be out of sync, then it does not seems to be worth it. Thanks a lot.
Badge +20
If its the orginal ATV (with internal hard drive and phono out) then yes, newer versons need a optical to analogue converter, the latest ATV4 would need a HDMI audio extrator with line out.

Audio will be out of sync if watching a movie etc.