Question

Sonos connect settings with A/V receiver

• 28 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi all,
I'm having trouble with my current set up. My Connect is wired to my Yahama RX475 receiver via optical cable. I get sound fine, but the set up does not use my subwoofer. When I look at the input signal on my receiver shows: PCM, 44.1KhHz, 2.0 stereo sound. Are there settings I can change to get the most out of my speakers? It doesn't seem to matter if I'm streaming Google Play Music or my own library. I just want the lows to be redirected to my sub and there seems to be no way to do that on my receiver either.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That is a very normal signal your receiver is getting. Sonos isn't issue it is your receiver settings that are problem.

Is your subwoofer turned on in the receiver and the front speakers set to "small" so that the crossover will send lows to the sub.

See pg. 71 of your manual for setting up all speakers
http://www.yamaha-hifi.ro/uploads/digital_uploads/Owner_manual_RX-V575_V475.pdf
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Chris is exactly right, and actually many surround receivers are just like that. I have a Marantz receiver that also required the same change to activate the sub for 2 channel stereo.
Worked perfectly. Thanks all for the help.