Answered

Sonos Connect + Samsung KS8000: Optical input

• 18 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a Connect so I can use it with my current turntable setup. It occurred me that I can get rid of my Samsung HW-K430 (soundbar + subwoofer) if I connect my TV (Samsung KS8000) via optical input.

Anything I should be aware of? Will this work or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Outburst 18 February 2017, 21:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Please be aware that the Connect has an optical Output not Input.
Yes. You should be aware that the Connect does not have an optical input. It's an output.
Also, without a soundbar what speakers would you be using?
Oh, totally missed that. Well, I guess I'll keep my current setup around then.

John B: I have a pair of KEF Q100.

Thanks, folks.
There is a way around it... I've just done the same install for a pal but using the connect amp. Utilising an existing bose system by converting the phono connectors to spkr cable and then for the digital input to analogue 'issue'; used one of these: https://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=5367. Im based in the UK but converters are readily available worldwide... There's always a solution. Next gen Connect (amp) will surely come with an optical input...