Answered

Sonos Connect + Samsung KS8000: Optical input

• 18 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a Connect so I can use it with my current turntable setup. It occurred me that I can get rid of my Samsung HW-K430 (soundbar + subwoofer) if I connect my TV (Samsung KS8000) via optical input.

Anything I should be aware of? Will this work or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Outburst 18 February 2017, 21:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

There is a way around it... I've just done the same install for a pal but using the connect amp. Utilising an existing bose system by converting the phono connectors to spkr cable and then for the digital input to analogue 'issue'; used one of these: https://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=5367. Im based in the UK but converters are readily available worldwide... There's always a solution. Next gen Connect (amp) will surely come with an optical input...
Oh, totally missed that. Well, I guess I'll keep my current setup around then.

John B: I have a pair of KEF Q100.

Thanks, folks.
Also, without a soundbar what speakers would you be using?
Yes. You should be aware that the Connect does not have an optical input. It's an output.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Please be aware that the Connect has an optical Output not Input.