Answered

Sonos Connect not working

• 26 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I purchased my Sonos Connect in November 2018.  It has gradually got more and more disinterested in living.  I have read that the Sonos Connect is being phased out in favour of the Connect Amp and that Connect is out of support and basically you’re pish out of luck if you have one.  Is this the case or should I expect my Connect to still function in the way it was always intended?

I have a Project cd box s2 and T1 Turntable connected to a Stereo Box S Phono amp which is in turn connected to the Sonos Connect which then pushes the music to two Play 5 gen 2’s which are wall mounted.

We have an Alexa which plays to the play 5s.

The Sonos Connect now flashes white and is very difficult to connect.  Why might this be? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 April 2022, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The wireless card could be going bad. Try unplugging the Connect from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. You can also try wiring the Connect directly to your router with an ethernet cable. If this doesn’t help, contact Sonos Support: https://support.sonos.com/s/contact?language=en_US

FYI… the Connect and Connect:Amp are both discontinued devices. The Port has replaced the Connect and the Amp has replaced the Connect:Amp.

The CONNECT that you have should continue to work as it always have. Sonos so far has only abandoned the remote devices, and an old 30 pin iPod dock, all other devices are still supported using the S1 software. Not sure if your particular date of manufacture means whether it is S2 compatible, but if it’s not, it will continue to work as before using S1.

The main caveat is that S1 devices can not be “grouped” and controlled by S2 controllers, so it’s possible that you could have two disparate systems. 

Since you’re saying the LED is flashing, have you checked the LED states FAQ? There’s several possibilities listed, from a fault inside the unit to wifi issues, etc. More information might be helpful to give you guidance on what the particular issue is. 

You also may want to submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Badge +3

thank you both!