Question

Sonos Connect, Linn Majik and Turntable

• 7 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hi Guys,

Long time Sonos user, but this one just has me stumped.

I have purchased a Linn Amplifier which has my Turntable (Michel Engineering Gyro) connected to it and works brilliantly.

I have now purchased a SONOS Connect as want to share the turntable around the house etc. BUT!!!!! I will be damned if I can get it set up.

The problem being that we just cannot hear the vinyl when its playing. If we take the Sonos out of the Loop then it all works perfectly again.

So - I have the turntable RCA going to the Line in on the Connect, the output RCA from the Connect goes to the Phono Source input on the Linn Amp? Thats right yes?

I am working if the Connect is faulty, but wanted to ensure I was not missing something really obvious here?

Answers/help on the back of a postcard would be appreciated.

Thanks -

Rich

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Leave the TT wired to the Phono jacks on the Linn and wire the Linn line level outputs - either of the two Tape Outs - using RCA to the Connect Line In. Set the Line in levels as needed to get adequate volumes from Sonos speakers. If that does not work, Sonos Support has to be invoked to see if the Connect has a problem. If this works, select Autoplay for the Line In, if desired.