Question

Sonos Connect Generation 1

• 2 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have an old Sonos Connect (gen 1) which has been unused for a couple of years. Some days ago I got the idea to connect to a small amplifier and use it with speakers on the patio (Sonos+Amplifier indoors) and speakers under roof outdoors, wire connected through a window.

Everything worked fantastic until yesterday when the Sonos Connect disappeared from the app. When analysing, it seemed as the power cable was loose. I reconnected, but no lights, and the network lights on the back just flickered quickly. 

I let it over night and today it was a fast flashing red light. Have tried to reset several times, reconnect with network cable etc.

Is there anything left to do, or should I give up?

Thanks,

Per

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If it is potentially a hardware failure, your best bet is to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. Those issues are particularly challenging to handle in the forum.

When you talk to the phone folks, there are more options available. They are available Monday through Friday during business hours. 

Thanks!