Answered

SONOS CONNECT Gen 1 - can I use it with home cinema, Deezer

• 24 January 2021
  • 3 replies

bonjour, je voudrais aquerir un SONOS CONNECT 1ere generation (pour le relier à mon home cinema) ainsi qu'une ou deux eneintes SYMFONISK IKEA et diffuser le musique DEEZER par mon smartphone ou mon macbook, cela est il envisageable ?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 January 2021, 17:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Vous voudrez peut-être poster ceci sur le forum en Français, la plupart des gens de ce forum ne lisent pas la langue.

hello, I would like to acquire a 1st generation SONOS CONNECT (to connect it to my home cinema) as well as one or two IKEA SYMFONISK speakers and DEEZER music player through my smartphone or my macbook, is this possible?

I suppose it may be possible, but you’d likely need to look on a third party site, such as eBay, in order to find a first gen CONNECT, as they haven’t been manufactured since 2015, I think. 

The CONNECT in both generations, as well as the Port that has replaced it and is currently being manufactured by Sonos and sold, are stereo devices only, and can not interpret anything more from a home theater system. 

Being able to ‘play’ music from your smart phone is problematic. If it is Android, you shouldn’t have any issue, but if it is iOS, you will need to use AirPlay 2 to play music on the phone directly to the Simfonisk speakers. The CONNECT first gen is not a valid AirPlay 2 target, as it is much too old a chipset. 

Deezer, of course, is already part of the Sonos ecosystem, so you’d just need the ability to use the Sonos controller on one of your devices, and it would play from the speakers, and not need to be ‘playing’ on either your computer or smart phone.

Since there are no Sonos devices designed to be computer speakers, in order to get sound from your Mac to the Symfonisk, you would also need to use AirPlay 2, or connect the headphone out on the Mac to the analog line in on the CONNECT. It’s likely in either case that there would be a slight delay, which would make movie watching or gameplay challenging.