Answered

Sonos connect Does it work with a Sonos Boost

• 6 July 2018
  • 9 replies

I have a Sonos connect and I need to boost the network I bought a Sonos boost and for some reason it’s not connecting and I cannot increase the Internet Connection.
Someone please help???
icon

Best answer by John B 6 July 2018, 14:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Can we step back a bit because your comments don't really make too much sense at the moment (sorry). OK so you bought a Boost. What have you done with it?
I have a home speaker system and I’m using a Sonos connect with my own amplifier. Unfortunately when I’m outside the wireless connection is not strong enough and my Sonos keeps turning off for me. So I bought the boost her to give me more Internet capabilities .
I follow the process of connecting the Sonos boost for some reason the wireless capabilities is still the same.
I need a bit more information please. If you go into the Sonos app, and look in 'About My Sonos System', all your players will have either WM:0 or WM:1 next to them. Please let us know what you have. When you say 'the Sonos turns off when you are outside', do you mean the music stops or your controller disconnects from the system?
Okay all the players have WM:0.
No I mean the Sonos app Stops working and then I need to go back inside to reconnect. No device stops working
Is it an iPhone or Android? This matters because you appear to have misunderstood what the Boost does. But there is a possible solution for Android
Android
Good. The Boost does not boost wifi signal in any way. Any Sonos device wired to your network creates a mesh network called SonosNet. As it happens, Android controllers can connect to SonosNet. In your controller, go into Advanced Settings and Allow connection to SonosNet. Then in your phone's wifi, choose to connect to the SonosNet mesh (it will be obvious when you see it), instead of your home wifi. See how it goes.
Thanks