Answered

Sonos connect / chromecast audio dropouts...

• 24 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello All,

Since I was not able to wait for the sonos / google home support. I decided to get a chromecast audio and hook it up to my sonos connect.

The setup seems to be right. When I ask google assistant to play any kind of audio stream on my "sonos"(connect with chromecast audio) she plays the right music.

When streamingh howeever I experience dropouts in all of th grouped sonos speakers. There does not seem to be any consitent dropouts at times it works fine. All of the grouped speaker drop out now and then.

I Have a gouped home system with two play ones, a playbar, a sub and two paired play ones in the kitchen..

Who has an ideau why the dropouts occur?

Kind Regards Jipster
icon

Best answer by ratty 24 August 2018, 13:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Your wireless is not strong enough as it stands. Uncompressed Line-In places high demands on the network, as does grouping depending on how you do it.

Options to try, in order:
- Configure the Line-In as an 'Airplay Device'. This will improve the resilience somewhat as it increases the buffers.
- Start your group from a player which is ideally wired, or at least one close to the router, then add the other rooms.
- Try a different wireless channel.
- Set Line-In compression to 'Compressed'. (This will reduce quality slightly, so it's a last resort.)
@ratty: how do I configure the line in as an Airply Device? Will a booster help with this problem?
Also, I could switch to a 5G network in my home. Might that help?