Answered

Sonos Connect + Bose Lifestyle 38 and TV?

• 4 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi guys,

I have a Sonos Connect hooked to a Bose Lifestyle 38 Home Theater for Music streaming and I was wondering if there is a way to connect them to a TV and have the sound from TV routed through the Sonos Connect using the Bose Home Theater?.

Thanks again for your help.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 September 2017, 18:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Since your "source" device is apparently the BOSE lifestyle 38, shouldn't you be asking on the BOSE boards?

You can take the stereo sound from the TV and connect it to the CONNECT using RCA cables, and it will be put in to the Sonos ecosystem, along with that ~70ms delay. Note that the CONNECT will not handled a dolby digital signal, that's not what it was designed for. Once the stereo sound is in the Sonos ecosystem, you can do pretty much anything you want with it, including sending it from the CONNECT to the BOSE. Just remember, you might have lip-sync issues due to that slight delay on the analog input.
Badge
Thanks Airgetlam and sorry if I should be asking elsewhere...but given the fact that you answer me, let me take advantage of your good will and ask if the TV should be connected to the IN or OUT lines?...also if you think that could be connected through the Optic input. Thanks again.
The output of the TV via RCA jacks should be connected to the Analog Input on the CONNECT. There is no optical input on the CONNECT, only an optical output.