Question

Sonos connect and external amp/speakers

• 10 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello, I recently purchased a record player (with built in amp) and a sonos connect so that I could play vinyl through my sonos set up. That works like a charm, but I’d like to boost the sound in a room that doesn’t have a sonos speaker (yet) and I wondered if I could hook up an amp to the current set up so that music plays through both the sonos speakers and the standalone amp/speaker set up simultaneously? I’ve played around a bit, but had no luck getting sound to both sonos and the standalone speakers. Anyone able to help? Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi DrummerJ83

I can understand why no one has replied to your post as your wording is a bit confusing. First you speak of "boosting" the sound in another room? Could it be that you meant you want to SEND sound from a Sonos component to a room with a stand-alone stereo unit. If that is the case you could purchase another Sonos Connect and run RCA out from the Connect to RCA or Line-in on the Stereo unit.

Next you talk about a standalone amp/speaker? Are you referring to a AIO speaker/amp with RCA or Line-in which again a Sonos Connect would work or are you wanting to connect non-amped wired speakers which would require a Sonos Connect:Amp?

All the above may be a moot point if you have already purchased more Sonos speakers for the room you are referring to. If so Congrats!

Proper wording and precise details is key to getting a reply and/or the proper answer in this forum :8

Cheers!