Question

sonos connect:amp + Yamaha subwoofer

• 25 February 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
  • Headliner I
  • 1032 replies
As some will know I have a connect:amp wired to ceiling speakers in my bathroom, I would also like to add a subwoofer just to add some more base but wasn't sure what to get. Now I have tonight bid and won on this Yamaha sub on eBay but now worried it's not fit for purpose and I should of asked here first. The sub in question is a Yamaha YST-FSW050 and can be viewed here on eBay.co.uk http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-YST-FSW050-Powered-Subwoofer-and-rca-cable-/131433541308 Your thoughts please, have I made a boo boo!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Dave,

That subwoofer should work with your CONNECT:AMP. Just run the subwoofer cable from the sub output on the CONNECT:AMP into the input on the Yamaha.

Let us know if you have any troubles getting it working.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Hi Dave,

That subwoofer should work with your CONNECT:AMP. Just run the subwoofer cable from the sub output on the CONNECT:AMP into the input on the Yamaha.

Let us know if you have any troubles getting it working.

Thanks Jeff - this should make the bath shake.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Yamaha subwoofer turned up today, just done a quick test run and all good. The base is separated from my two ceiling speakers and it's loud. Now I just need to figure out how to mount it in the loft above the bathroom and get a power source up there as the power lead isn't very long. Again thanks Jeff for you feedback.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yamaha subwoofer turned up today, just done a quick test run and all good. The base is separated from my two ceiling speakers and it's loud. Now I just need to figure out how to mount it in the loft above the bathroom and get a power source up there as the power lead isn't very long. Again thanks Jeff for you feedback.
Hi Dave,

I'm glad to hear it's working and sounding good. Happy to help.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings