Question

Sonos connect amp white / orange blinking after Volume is higher

• 1 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Hello,

i did just purchase a Sonos Connect Amp. I did connect it to my Wharfedale Diamond 9.2 Speakers they have 6ohm and 100w power handling.

Everything works fine till i set the volume higher than about 65% then the amp mutes and is orange / white blinking. After i restart it, all works fine again untili set the volume up.

The room is quite cold now and there is a lot of space around the amp so temperate is not the problem. The speakers are also connected to my Harman Kardon AVR 135 but when i use the Sonos, the Harman is turned off. Could that be a problem or what is the issue here?

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +1
Hi, thanks for reaching out. Having the speakers wired to the AVR may be causing the issue. Does the CONNECT:AMP still mute at higher volumes when the player is disconnected from the AVR?

If so, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. Instructions for submitting a diagnostic can be found on the following page: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
No all was fine without the Harman AVR connected. So that was the issue. I didn't know it is not possible to connect 2 amps at the same time to my speakers... so the Sonos connect AMP is not the right product for me. I will exchange it for the normal Connect.