SONOS Connect: amp - Subwoofer

• 10 June 2017
  • 5 replies

Best regards.

As you know in SONOS connect: amp, when the subwoofer is connected automatically a kind of filter is activated adjusting the sound in the speakers, reducing the bass and increasing the treble. Is that so?

This are my questions:

If I have a subwoofer connected to the SONOS Connect: amp and group one or more zones (eg a SONOS PLAY 3). The other zones will be affected by the filter or sound adjustment of the SONOS Connect: amp? Ie the other SONOS speakers will lower the bass and increase the treble?

The second question is: Is it possible to disable the automatic sound adjustment of the SONOS Connect: amp when connecting the subwoofer?

Sorry for my English

Thanks for your help.

I remain attentive.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

As you know in SONOS connect: amp, when the subwoofer is connected automatically a kind of filter is activated adjusting the sound in the speakers, reducing the bass and increasing the treble. Is that so?The crossover -- at a nominal 80Hz -- redirects bass frequencies to the subwoofer, but doesn't affect the treble.

If I have a subwoofer connected to the SONOS Connect: amp and group one or more zones (eg a SONOS PLAY 3). The other zones will be affected by the filter or sound adjustment of the SONOS Connect: amp?
No. The crossover only applies to the speakers wired to the CONNECT:AMP. Other rooms are unaffected.

The second question is: Is it possible to disable the automatic sound adjustment of the SONOS Connect: amp when connecting the subwoofer?
No. It's automatic.

No. It's automatic.

Except that the crossover frequency can be selected to be between 50Hz and 110 hz.

No. It's automatic.

Except that the crossover frequency can be selected to be between 50Hz and 110 hz.

That's when bonded with a SUB.

With a third party subwoofer the crossover is fixed at 80Hz.
Oops, I should have said that.
Thank you for all!!:D