sonos connect amp is flashing white and amber

• 26 April 2013
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
My sonos connect amp is flashing white and amber, I have disconnected the speakers and power. turning it back on it reverts to the amber/white blinking without speakers. With speakers attached it mutes itself. Is this a faulty unit or is there a remedy?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi ziba, welcome to the community. Have you also tried disconnecting all speaker cables from the CONNECT:AMP and restarting it? If so, do you get the same behavior with the lights?
My sonos connect amp is flashing white and amber, I have disconnected the speakers and power. turning it back on it reverts to the amber/white blinking without speakers. With speakers attached it mutes itself. Is this a faulty unit or is there a remedy?
Same issue here:(
Userlevel 2
The amp goes into protect mode without any speakers connected. It did the same with one set attached. Is there a way to run these speakers off of the same amp? They are installed in the walls of my house and not easily replaced. Is there a way to wire these in order to get the correct OHM load? Here if the diagnostics report: Your confirmation number is: 3002258.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Thanks for those information, it seems that you have an issue with the amplifier which goes in security mode. If you wire your speakers in parallel the impedance must be between 4 and 16 ohms, so two 8 ohms speakers will work just fine. Unfortunately the yamaha are 6 ohms speakers and the Speakercraft 8 ohms (resulting on a 3.5ohm inpendance) For those reasons your CONNECT:AMP goes in security mode. I would need you to Submit a Diagnostic and send me back the number via this thread after you experience this problem. More information about this: ATTACHING 4 SPEAKERS TO A SINGLE CONNECT:AMP Could you please try if only 2 speakers you still experience the same issue? Thanks
Userlevel 2
It worked perfectly for the past couple of weeks with daily use. Last night when going to play music it played for a second than muted itself and started flashing amber and white. Assuming I understand what your asking it will associate with the link, room, etc and can be set up correctly. I have reset it up and once you play music it goes back into the mute stage. Here are the speakers: 2-Yamaha NS-IW470 6.5" 3-Way In-Wall Speaker System (White) 1-SPEAKERCRAFT AIM7 DT THREE AIM7 DT THREE IN-CEILING SPEAKER (EACH) (ASM75730) Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Bryan, Did it work previously or is it a first installation? Can you associate the unit or it doesn't respond to the association process? Could you please also provide me the reference of the speakers used with the CONNECT:AMP? Thanks.