Question

Sonos Connect:Amp in wired multiroom system

• 22 September 2016
  • 3 replies

I just purchased a house with a multi-room system that has a 12 channel amplifier (Niles 1230) to power 6 zones. I have a connect:amp that I previously used to power a single set of speakers. I was wondering if I would be able to use the connect:amp as a source for the multi channel amp or if I would need to purchase a connect to do so? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well a Connect would be preferred but you actually could step down the Connect:Amp to speaker level.

example: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_543ADP12/Russound-ADP-1-2-Speaker-level-to-Line-level-Adapter.html?tp=9070&awkw=78572876905&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=50190041905&awdv=c
Thanks Chris, that's very helpful. I didn't know they sold these adapters (makes sense though since they're basically resistors!).
I tried that myself but the Sonos Connect Amp trips. Any idea what may be causing the problem?