Question

Sonos Connect AMP crossover details

• 19 January 2018
  • 1 reply

I cant seem to find the details of the Sonos Connect Amp crossover anywhere. What I do know is that when an RCA wire is connected to the Sub out on the Connect Amp an 80Hz high pass filter is applied to the speaker outputs.
1) Is the subwoofer out low lass filtered at 80Hz? - I think yes
2) what is the order of the high pass and low pass filters?
3) What type of filter? is it a Linkwitz-Riley?

The reason that I'm asking this is I was to know about the relative phase of the speaker outs and subwoofer output at 80Hz. My usually quick method for dialing in a subwoofer is to reverse the speaker cable polarity and use the sub phase and level control to find a null at 80Hz then swap back the speaker cable polarity.

Thanks
Wayne

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi there, wayne9000. Thanks for the question. Here are the technical specifications for the CONNECT:AMP. While this doesn't answer your question directly, this is all the information I have to share.

Perhaps some users of the Community who are professional installers can provide some insight.