Question

Sonos Connect Amp

• 1 June 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
Hi Guys, I run Sonos 7.2. I also have a Marantz stereo system with 3 way Monitor floor speakers. Is it worth attaching to a Connect Amp to extend the sound range further?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I'd add a Connect, not a Connect: Amp, and wire that to the Marantz stereo, which would allow it access to the Sonos streaming data.
Badge +3
Thank you Airgetlam, no idea why I said Amp! I did only mean Connect. I have play 5's paired in the room where the Marantz sits so I will have to move a few things around!
No worries, it's an easy slip of the fingers to make. But I assume that you're fond of the Marantz, so that would be the easiest way to go. On the other hand, if there weren't any other sources connected to the Marantz, I think you could get rid of it and just use the Connect:Amp to drive those 3 ways (you'd have to check for impedance match, of course). But I'm assuming you probably have a turntable, tape deck, and CD player hooked up to it 🙂
I have play 5's paired in the room where the Marantz sits
Why both speakers pairs in one room? Do you perceive lower sound quality from the 5 pair?

Unless of course it is because other sources are wired to the Marantz.