Answered

Sonos Connect Amp-- 2-stereo pair/Polk Audio Atrium 6 speakers-wiring (best way), speaker swtitch with individual volume control, impedence matching

• 22 May 2018
  • 1 reply

I am looking for feedback on setting up 2 stereo pair of Polk Audio Atrium 6, to the Sonos Connect Amp.

1. I would like to make sure the amp is ok to drive these 2 specific 8ohm outside speakers, NOT at ear busting levels, as I have neighbors.

2. I'd like to be able to adjust the individual speaker balance by using a speaker switch with individual volume control, with impedance matching, and then use the Sonos app to adjust ALL 4 speakers.

3. I'd like a recommendation on specific speaker switches with 4 individual volume control, with impedance matching.

4. Also, some detail on wiring for the best results with this setup.

I'm not familiar with this topic, so I've read a fair amount on this general topic, and don't always find consensus on the best way of achieving what I'm looking to do....so I'm asking here...for either feedback, or point me to the best site for a speaker "layman".

or...am I wanting to do the impossible!!!

thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by jgatie 22 May 2018, 02:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can safely power 2 streo pairs of 8 Ohm speakers using the Connect:Amp. You can control the volume via the Sonos app, but the volume changes will affect both pairs. For individual control, you will need to use the manual volume controls.