Answered

Sonos Connect

• 6 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I have Sonos speakers connected to my TV. Works perfectly. I also have an Echo with which I play music on those same speakers by saying "Alexa, play .... in the living room". Works perfectly.

My problem is a separate set-up. I have an amplifier, turntable and i-pod and I bought a Connect to link them to those same speakers.

I set up the Connect and it is recognized. But nothing I do gets any sound to play on those speakers. My suspicion is that by labelling this group 'family room' I have separated it from the 'living room' group but I'm not sure about that.

Any advice? Can Alexa still be used to play this group on those speakers?

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 6 August 2019, 17:16

Alexa cannot be used to play the Line-In on the Connect. You need to go into the Room Settings for the Connect, go to Line-In Settings, set Autoplay to 'On' and then set the Default Autoplay room to the Living Room speakers.

Then anytime you play something connected to the Line-In it will automatically play on the Living Room speakers.
View original

2 replies

Alexa cannot be used to play the Line-In on the Connect. You need to go into the Room Settings for the Connect, go to Line-In Settings, set Autoplay to 'On' and then set the Default Autoplay room to the Living Room speakers.

Then anytime you play something connected to the Line-In it will automatically play on the Living Room speakers.
Thank you!