Question

SONOS CONNECT

QUESTIONS CONCERNING EXPANDING TO EXISTING STEREO EQUIPMENT, SUCH AS THE BOSE WAVE MUSIC SYSTEM III.

13 replies

WILL THE SONOS CONNECT WORK WITH THE BOSE WAVE MUSIC SYSTEM III?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can play music from a Sonos Connect into the Bose Wave music. Use an RCAto3.5mm standard cable with the RCA out of connect to the 3.5mm aux input of the Bose. Thus making the Bose a Sonos speaker system.

Playing music from the Bose back to the connect and other sonos is more complicated. You would have to use the headphone jack as I don't believe there is way to use the BoseLink. Of course that would mute the Bose Wave music.
THANK YOU. I AM AWAITING ON THE CONNECT TO BE DELIVERED. I MAY NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE AGAIN.
I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION ALSO - CAN THE CONNECT BE HOOKED UP TO A SMART TV?
Do stop shouting. Depends what you want to do, play music into the TV or get the audio out of the TV into the Connect?
Get the audio out of the TV. Is it possible with the Connect (w/o Sonos Playbar)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Duplicate
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Using analog out of TV or cable box. It will have about 70ms
delay which means it will be off about 3-4 frames. Not normally noticeable from lip sync perspective (unless hypersensitive) but if TV speakers on at same time will create echo effect.
Using analog out of TV or cable box. It will have about 70ms
delay which means it will be off about 3-4 frames. Not normally noticeable from lip sync perspective (unless hypersensitive) but if TV speakers on at same time will create echo effect.

Got it.

Last question. I am wondering whether a 70ms delay will create echo if I send the TV signal through Connect to two speakers - one by TV-not sonos and other in a different room - Sonos Play 5. Not trying to create stereo, surround etc. Just clone the signal to a second zone without echo effect. Same question for streaming music from Internet on both speakers.

Setup:
TV -> Connect (line in)
Connect -> Speaker 1 through optical
Connect -> Speaker 2 - Sonos 5 via wireless
The two Sonos devices will be in sync, allowing for any delay in distance for the sound from the furthest device to reach you, but again if you have the tv speakers on you'll get an echo effect.
I am not sure if I understand your response.
Speaker 1 would be a soundbar (NOT from Sonos). Speaker 2 would be Play 5 (from Sonos). TV speakers (built in) are off. Does it change anything?
My question was whether the soundbar (not from Sonos) and Play 5 (from Sonos) will be in sync when using Connect.
I am not sure if I understand your response.
Speaker 1 would be a soundbar (NOT from Sonos). Speaker 2 would be Play 5 (from Sonos). TV speakers (built in) are off. Does it change anything?
My question was whether the soundbar (not from Sonos) and Play 5 (from Sonos) will be in sync when using Connect.

The delay originates at the Connect due to the need to digitize the incoming source. If you are sending the TV audio to both speakers via the Connect, there will be no delay (unless speaker 1 - the soundbar - adds delay via a DSP or other processing).
Great! That's exactly the explanation I needed. Thank you all for help. It's time to place the order! 🙂

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings