Answered

Sonos Compatible Amplifier

• 26 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
Are there any wi-fi enabled amps that are sonos compatible, i.e that don’t require a Connect to wirelessly speak to a speaker?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 26 February 2018, 22:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
Connect:AMP is amplifier and Connect in one unit.
Badge +3
Thanks Keithmac, I was wondering if there were any non-sonos amplifiers that sonos have an agreement with to let their amps speak to the sonos speaker range.
Thanks Keithmac, I was wondering if there were any non-sonos amplifiers that sonos have an agreement with to let their amps speak to the sonos speaker range.

No.
Badge +3
The NovaFidelity website says "The X12 is a UPnP (DLNA) Media Server & Renderer, so you can stream music to and from other compatible devices (e.g. Sonos or WiFi speakers)." is this just misleading wording? http://www.novafidelity.co.uk/x12features/
Yes, it is misleading. You can only stream to Sonos devices. You can hack different devices as a UPnP source for Sonos speakers, but there is no way to play from the Sonos app to a 3rd party amplifier without a Sonos Connect.