Answered

SONOS BOOST CONFIGURATION

• 22 November 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Hello to all.
I recently purchased a Sonos boost even if I still don't have any other Sonos speaker in my house.
I'm going to purchase a playbar anyway in a few days, but I prefer to purchase the Boost in advance sinsce it was 50% off in my nearby store.
All the setup should be set correctly, but I have a question:
Is the boost supposed to create a separate wifi network that I should see in my network list (i.e. "Sonos wifi" or something similar)?
I make this question since I cannot see any other additional network in my wifi list, but trough the Sonos controller app, all the settings seems to be OK.
Maybe, in order to see the new Sonos network, I have to pair also at least one sonos speaker?

Thanks in advance
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 22 November 2017, 22:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos has decided to not broadcast an SSID for the network it uses so unsophisticated WiFi tools won't see it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes as Stanley said you will not see the Sonos network (except android devices can connect to it once turned on in app).

Be sure you only use wifi channels 1, 6, and 11 with your home network on one and Sonos on different of those 3.
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
Thanks. Can I choose The channel from The controller app once I’ve connected The first speaker?
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
By The way I’ve Made The question about The visibility of a dedicated Sonos Wi-Fi network because I’ve seen personally a Wi-Fi network called “Sonos” in my Electronic store. It was in The Wi-Fi network list seen by my iPhone
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
By The way I’ve Made The question about The visibility of a dedicated Sonos Wi-Fi network because I’ve seen personally a Wi-Fi network called “Sonos” in my Electronic store. It was in The Wi-Fi network list seen by my iPhone

Just to note that nothing stops the store from calling their wireless network 'Sonos', or anything else.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes once you setup the first speaker in Sonos settings you will be able to set channel.