Sonos Beam, Sub

• 29 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Bought a Beam, Sub and Two sonos Ones today. The Beam is loud and crystal clear. I was worried it was going to be not powerful enough. The sound with the Sub and Beam alone is incredible. The clarity for music is amazing. It has a fuller field than my Denon Receiver, 3 Orbs and sub. I hooked it up to my older Sony Bravia 46” LCD TV via HDMI Arc tried out Netflix via chromecast into one of the HDMI ports on the TV. I think it’s coming through in stereo based on the Netflix app telling me the movies are in stereo. Still sounds good so I am not sure what I am actually getting. I think once I move this to the basement with my new TV and native Netflix app it may be even better-not sure though-I am not very techy. The two Sonos One’s I have upstairs as a separate room for now. Different music in each room is amazing flexibility. Overall very happy with what I have bought so far and the setup was awesome/easy. I find home theatre/receivers too complicated and appreciate the Sonos solution.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi. If you look in Settings, About My Sonos System, it tells you whether the Beam is receiving stereo or Dolby Digital 5.1.
Thank-you for the tip. It does show stereo as expected so my TV is not passing through the Netflix via chromecast in Dolby Digital. Likely my TV is the cause.
Hooked up my PS3 to my TV via HDMI and played Netflix from PS3-it passed through Dolby Digital 5.1. So it’s the Chromecast Netflix that won’t Pass it through.
Just set it up with my new 65 inch Sony TV AND Apple 4K TV. Just the Beam and the Sub. Sound on movies is amazing would easily buy this again. We love it. Music is amazing too. Highly recommend SONOS.
Great to hear, thanks for posting. By its very nature, the forum is mostly a place for the tiny minority experiencing difficulties. Its easy to forget that there are millions of happy Sonos users out there like us. I'm sure you will continue to enjoy.