Answered

Sonos Amp with Sonos surrounds?

• 11 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Anyone know if the Sonos Amp will have the opportunity to connect to other Sonos-speakers for “surround” use. Center speaker will probably not be possible, but it would be great it you could have a 4.1 system when connected to a television.
icon

Best answer by Ralpfocus 11 December 2018, 09:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Yes and it will create a phantom centre channel. See https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/introducing-sonos-amp-6812069
I have the “old connect amp” for deck and patio speakers - it runs 4 Polk Atrium 6s. Is the new Sonos Amp going to help throw more power to the speakers? I love these speakers. Do I stil need to thread both right speakers wires together to connect to amp (and same with the left ones).
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I have the “old connect amp” for deck and patio speakers - it runs 4 Polk Atrium 6s. Is the new Sonos Amp going to help throw more power to the speakers? I love these speakers. Do I stil need to thread both right speakers wires together to connect to amp (and same with the left ones).

Yes, the new Amp has twice the power as the old Connect:Amp. Generally speaking, the setup with the wiring is the same, but the Amp comes with banana plugs which makes it easier to put two wire strands together.
@Stefo33. I'm running 4 Atrium 6s in my backyard off the Amp and have zero complaints. I previously had the Connect:amp with some old Yamahas and the difference is night and day.