Answered

Sonos Amp - w/ 4 outdoor speakers

• 12 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello all - Any help on my question is greatly appreciated, I am a novice in the home audio space. 

I want to set up a Sonos Amp to run 4 outdoor speakers in parallel. 2 Bose Environmental 251’s on the deck about 10 feet from the Sonos Amp. And 2 8ohms rock speakers in the backyard about 100 feet away (cable will run ~150ft), using 14ga buried wire. 

Is the Sonos Amp powerful enough to handle this and properly send power to all speakers?

Considering I want to use the Bose 251’s what size rock speak should I get to over overwhelm the Sonos Amp?

Thanks for your consideration, 

Jonathan

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 24 May 2020, 20:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @JonathanW,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your question about setting up an Amp

If all four speaker are impedance rated for 8ohms you should be fine to wire 4 of them to your Sonos Amp 

The Bose Environmental 251 Manual lists their compatibility as: 

“Compatible with amplifiers or receivers rated 10-200 watts per channel/rated 4 to 8 ohms • 100W IEC continuous power handling; rated 6 ohms”

Without more information on the rock speakers you plan to use I couldn’t say for certain, and you may do well to reach out to an AV professional before proceeding further.