Answered

Sonos Amp: Unexpected banana plugs

• 22 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge
Ok, silly question time, just received the new Sonos Amp and whilst this doesn't change the functionality I was surprised to receive 4 x standard-ish black banana plugs, opposed to the dual custom plugs I've seen in every photo and every review.

Have these now replaced the custom plugs for some reason? Or are these standard in the UK? or am I being particularly special!! 😃
icon

Best answer by pwt 22 March 2019, 19:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge
Thanks for answering Ryan and PWT, interesting to hear you had the same. I wasn’t worried about the quality as I agree, they’re very nicely made plugs, just found it strange that they were different than pictured, must be a UK thing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
As pwt said, nothing to worry about with those banana plugs. For some countries, the disconnected plugs are available, as opposed to the ones used in some of the marketing photos. These plugs are custom too, so don't worry about the quality.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I’m in the UK, and I received four separate banana plugs with my Amp, not the paired style one commonly sees in photos of the Amp. They work just the same. They’re definitely nicely engineered Sonos plugs, not something from the bargain bin.