Answered

SONOS:AMP & SONOS:ARC In ceiling.

• 4 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello.

I have the Sonos AMP and i just ordered the sonos arr and the subwoofer.

Quick question. Can I have all these systems together? turn on my tv on a HDMI Input (Applte TV) and be able to listen the in ceiling speakers with subwoofer and the arc soundbar? IF YES,

Do i need to run the HDMI from the soundbar to the TV? or a HDMI from the AMP to the ARC tv port on the tv? I am new to sonos and i really get confused with this info.

THanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 4 July 2020, 03:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The answer is ‘Yes’… but note the Amp (ceiling) speakers are set as the two rear HT channels. 

The Arc sound-bar is set below and connected to the TV HDMI-ARC/eARC or optical port and ‘mainly‘ it will handle the front channels (left/right/center) and the two upward firing channels for Atmos audio, if the connected TV supports that.

The Arc will connect to your router either over the 2.4ghz WiFi signal or (if you prefer an ethernet connection) and also can be ‘bonded’ to the Sonos Sub and the Amp/Speakers over 5ghz WiFi Band (or ethernet) when playing TV Dolby surround sound.

The Amp will handle the two rear HT channels (rear left, rear right) and obviously the sub will handle the bass frequencies. Note: the ports on the Sonos Amp are disabled when it is being used as HT rear surrounds.

When playing music the devices will use a 2.4ghz wireless signal (or ethernet) for communication.

Thank you very much for your information. I will do exactly the same,

BIG THANKS