Sonos Amp power with 4 speakers

• 14 June 2019
  • 4 replies

If I have two pairs of 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel, will the max power to each pair be 62.5W?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Sonos Amp has 125 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms. I can't see the spec into 4 Ohms but it is usually a bit higher then the 8 Ohm rating.

What you'd see is something over 60 Watts so each speaker, over 125 Watts per channel / parallel pair and over 250 Watts total.

https://www.sonos.com/support/en/sonos-user-guide/index.html#t=sonos-user-guide%2Famp%2Famp.htm
It is more than 200 wpc into 4 ohms, but why is the watt per speaker number meaningful?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think some of the on-line sound level calculators ask it.

Where did you find the 4 Ohm spec? I dug through the Sonos sales site with no luck.
I am sure I read 220 plus wpc into 4 somewhere some months ago, but when I looked for it recently, I haven't found it in official Sonos locations either. But Sonos has for sure said max current of 31 amps, in their blog, I think, and that supports the plus 200 number.

Although not conclusive support, the doubling into 4 ohms spec of the Connect Amp is relevant.