Answered

Sonos Amp Line in inputs reversed?

• 9 March 2021
  • 3 replies

This has been bugging me for a while. The line in inputs on my (new) Amp is coloured red and white. There’s no indication of L and R but to my knowledge in all audio equipment Right is red and Left is white. Most,if not all, are marked that way.

When i connect a CDP for example using Line in inputs (red to red and white to white) and play a audio test CD what should be coming out of the left speaker comes out the right. I have learned just to live with this by crossing the connections to my CDP. Has anyone else experienced this ?

icon

Best answer by Aceydeucy 10 March 2021, 03:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

What speakers do you have connected to the Amp? Are they wired to the Amp correctly?

Here is an image from the user-manual showing the L/R speaker connections, looking at the Amp from the rear connector panel, if that assists?

Found the problem ! Along side my Sonos Amp I also run a old school tube system to Altec speakers. i use a speaker/volume control switch to join both and that’s where the problem was. I made some modifications a while back and i crossed the connections from the Amp to the switch. Rookie mistake! (Even though I had traced all the wires and connections I still missed it) All is good now. Thanks