Answered

Sonos AMP... how does it switch between sources (TV vs. Spotify vs. Phono)

• 21 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Super simple question (I'm sure), but I can't find a clear answer... how does the Sonos AMP select the audio source? I don't see that there is a user selection between streaming audio (Spotify) vs. HDMI vs. RCA inputs... so does the AMP just play the last used source? Meaning if the audio source is from streaming Spotify, and the TV is turned on, then does the AMP automatically switch to the HDMI audio source? and vice-versa (TV is playing but then someone plays Spotify to the AMP... does it just switch automatically?)

Thank you
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 21 January 2019, 21:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You configure (room settings) the Amp to automatically play TV audio when it sense audio coming in from HDMI-ARC. I believe the RCA inputs is the same way, with TV audio taking precedent. You can also manually select the source from the Browse tab. If you were to use the hard button on the device itself to resume, it will continuing playing the audio of whatever was previously playing when it was stopped.
All Sonos speakers use the same software. So what you use for a PLAY:5 to control it is exactly the same as you would use for the Sonos AMP. Or perhaps more appropriately, the same controller for the Beam (which has an HDMI-ARC input on it) is the same for the Sonos Amp.