Sonos Amp disappearing from system

• 24 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi 

my new Sonos amp continues to disconnect from the Sonia system. I had spent over 6hrs with Sonos help trying to resolve the issue (amp connected via Ethernet cable) only to be advised that I need to set up a separate mesh network for it to work. Well I have now done this with a tp link AC1300 whole home mesh and I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!! 
There was never a problem with the first gen amp. I am sooo fed up with Sonos now that after being an advocate for years I am advising people not to bother. Have spent a small fortune in upgrading and have a system that is not fit for purpose.

Are any of you able to help? The mesh signal is really strong in the room where the amp is. It it continues to drop out from the system 

I am at my wits end

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @RobCJohnson, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community.

Not sure why a mesh system would have been advised if you’re having trouble with a wired Amp dropping off the system if I’m honest, seems more likely to be a power or software issue, however it’s hard to say without taking a look at the whole case.

When the Amp drops from the system, what specific steps do you take to get it back online? If it is playing music when it drops from the system, does the music also stop?

Finally, does the LED on the Amp change when it drops from the system? While dropped, if you press the Join button on the back, does the LED change at all?