Question

Sonos: Amp - connect with bluetooth receiver

• 23 August 2019
  • 6 replies

I just put the Sonos:Amp when I was told it could pair with bluetooth items, namely my outdoor receiver connected to speaker on deck. I can't figure out how to do it though!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I just put the Sonos:Amp when I was told it could pair with bluetooth items, namely my outdoor receiver connected to speaker on deck. I can't figure out how to do it though!!

Not sure where you got the idea the Sonos Amp can pair with Bluetooth, but you were misinformed. No Sonos units can pair with Bluetooth, and though an future Sonos speaker is rumored to be Bluetooth capable, all rumors point to it being a Bluetooth receiver, not a transmitter.
Yeah I was oversold. Was told the Amp had this capability.
I’d investigate adding a Bluetooth receiver to the line in available on it. Or, if you must, return it to where you purchased it.
I’d investigate adding a Bluetooth receiver to the line in available on it. Or, if you must, return it to where you purchased it.

Not sure if that will help. Most receivers are only Bluetooth receivers, not transmitters. I believe the OP wanted to transmit from the Amp to the receiver, not vice versa.
Assuming the OP bought the Amp to drive passive speakers the simplest/cheapest option would probably be:
Amp -> speaker-to-line-level converter -> Bluetooth transmitter (possibly a long range one)

If there are no passive speakers then the Amp should be swapped for a Connect:
Connect -> BT transmitter

I got this to work with a pre paired transmitter and receiver 

Avantree Lock Portable Pre-paired... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OPVWHRY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share