Question

Sonos Amp and Subwoofer Crossover -- can it be disabled?

• 19 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I am using Amp to power two high-end loudspeakers. I just added a Paradigm Persona Sub, a $6,800 monster with 3400W peak power and its own crossover dial. This sub is capable of providing great response up to 235Hz. Meanwhile, my loudspeakers are capable of providing great response down to 38Hz.

Basically, I cannot get the blend right. This damn Sonos Crossover is screwing me. Is there a way to disable the Sonos Sub Crossover so that I can adjust using only the crossover on my sub?

I can get more access to the Sub’s capabilities by turning the Sonos Crossover all the way up to 110Hz. But then the Amp is limiting what my  loudspeakers are receiving, yet they are in fact great all the way down to 38Hz.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi@235ca.

Thanks for reaching out.

Once you used the Sonos Amp the system will detect when a cable is connected to the subwoofer output and adjust the crossover frequency automatically, that's why you're not able to use the full capacity of your sub.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I have the same problem. It seems like the amp has an arbitrary 50hz cross over lower limit. I think this is an issue that’s preventing my system to perform at its best 

It would be nice if they just made the crossover range larger, say 35 Hz to 150 Hz, with a note saying the extreme ends are probably not what you want. But at least they’d be there for unique setups with knowledgeable users.