Answered

Sonos AMP, 4 speakers, and 10 gauge wire

• 21 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I have a new Sonos Amp and 4 Polk Atrium 8 SDI outdoor speakers.  2 will be run at approx 50 ft each and the other. 2 will be approx 150-200 ft.  I want to hook all 4  to the amp (2 on left and 2 on right) and am considering 10 gauge wire due to the extreme distance.  Can I evenfit two 10 gauge wires in the hole in the new banana connectors?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 March 2021, 17:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Sonos recommends using a speaker wire gauge between 12 and 16.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4764?language=en_US

Userlevel 2

Thanks for this… didn’t find that and I certainly scoured the site for info. Even with the above information, can two 12 gauge wires fit in the new banana plugs on the new amp?

Userlevel 7

I’m not 100% certain but it should fit. If not, couldn’t you use banana plug connectors?

If you pare down the core ends of the 10/12 gauge wire down such that they can be physically accommodated in the amp terminals, things should work ok. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

No reason not to use individual banana plugs for each wire. If depth is an issue they make some that offer right-angle connections.