Answered

Sonos 1 and sonos 2

• 23 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi

I have a old Sonos Bridge with 3 Sonos sonos 1 in my house in Paris => S1

I would like to install a Sonos Port in my second house => S2 

Do i ned to have the 2 app in my Iphone?

BR

J

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 23 October 2021, 20:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

If you want to run the Sonos Port on the S2 app, you need to have the S2 app installed on your phone.

Thank you but can I keep my S1 App for the other Sonos bridge?

Userlevel 7

Thank you but can I keep my S1 App for the other Sonos bridge?

Yes.

You could drop the Bridge and use S2 for everything. 

Or install the Port on S1 and use S1 for everything. 

Ok John

2 houses with a bridge in one and a port in the other means that I need to keep S1 for everything 

am I right ?

br

Ok John

2 houses with a bridge in one and a port in the other means that I need to keep S1 for everything 

am I right ?

br

No you don't have to do that. As already stated, you could have both apps on your mobile device and use the S1 app for one system and S2 for the other. I was just giving you further options. 

The Bridge is old tech and you could try wiring one of your speakers instead or just using WiFi for that system. 

But if you don't want any of the S2 features for that system you could just leave it as it is.

Thank you John

it’s crystal clear, I will set the 2 apps on my mobile. But before that I need to order a port an today Sonos is in back order until mid november

thank you again for your help, it really appreciated 

Jacques