So much for buying Sonos...

Show first post

65 replies

Userlevel 2

I clearly stated in more than one post, that I theorize Sonos is depleting the current ZP80 and ZP100 stock in preparation for new hardware. So I am holding off my purchase until further notice.

My theory might be unfounded, and wrong. But that is what I am going with, and I am not going to get into discussions about it.

JustInTime,

it seems that I'm the only one who shares your theory...:D

But honestly, if SONOS doesn't even tell us about future updates, I don't think that they'll do about new hardware.:rolleyes:

BTW: It's funny that Graham (SONOS) has almost always something to tell us, but not in this thread. Or did I missed something?

Cheers,
Tonio
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
BTW: It's funny that Graham (SONOS) has almost always something to tell us, but not in this thread. Or did I missed something?

You missed something 😉

Graham is now called Jason 😉
Userlevel 2
You missed something ;)

Did SONOS really have a comment here or are you just trying to bug Justintime? Don't leave me hanging!
I think if you check the posts and note the fact that Graham's last post on this forum was several months ago, you'll get the idea.

Cheers,

Keith
Userlevel 2
Because you don't read all of my posts, and make assumptions. You only take the few posts that you deem relevant to make an empty argument.

I clearly stated in more than one post, that I theorize Sonos is depleting the current ZP80 and ZP100 stock in preparation for new hardware. So I am holding off my purchase until further notice.

My theory might be unfounded, and wrong. But that is what I am going with, and I am not going to get into discussions about it. And you will start reading posts more carefully and not make a fool of yourself.

Trust me when I say, hold off 6-8 months.
Trust me when I say, hold off 6-8 months.

So not only new hardware with infrared, but also new bundles? Tell us more, sd5500! Or is this a "if I tell you I'd have to kill you" situation?
Userlevel 2
So not only new hardware with infrared, but also new bundles? Tell us more, sd5500! Or is this a "if I tell you I'd have to kill you" situation?

Thats it exactly, and I'd really hate to have to kill you.;)
Userlevel 2
Well, I've got 4 BU101 bundles on their way. Should have been here today, but DHL doesn't seem to understand what 2-day delivery means...! lol

Bummer is that now I have to wait through the weekend... grrr.

Oh well, that'll give me time to get the media server cleaned up and ready.

Have a good one!
Userlevel 2
With the two products the intended units are to be used, ZP100 with speakers, ZP80 with an external amplifier.

-Jason

[beating a dead horse]

So, if you recognize that distinction between the ZP80 and the ZP100, why is there no longer a bundle of just ZP80s, or just ZP100s?

If you (like me) wired your whole house with built-in speakers, you would never have use for a ZP80 unless you also wired in some amps/receivers, which is unlikely. So, now that I've wired all the speakers, I can no longer get the bundles that I thought were available when I made the wiring decision.

[/beating a dead horse]
I must admit when I had noticed Sonos did away with their ZP100 bundle, I was left baffled by the move. It simply makes zero sense. Again, this company doesn't seem to understand the PR game, even a little!

Why would introducing a new bundle because their customers are clamoring for it (as Sonos claims) require doing away with the old bundle??? Also, let us not forget that Sonos is the ONLY piece of consumer electronics equipment that I've ever seen, in my entire life, that has never dropped in price! It's one thing not to drop the price...It's another to actually raise the price (which they have essentially done, by doing away with the ZP100 package)!

John from Boston
On a discount basis, the new bundle seems like a better deal to me, but it might be the wrong mix for some users.
I must admit when I had noticed Sonos did away with their ZP100 bundle, I was left baffled by the move. It simply makes zero sense. Again, this company doesn't seem to understand the PR game, even a little!

Why would introducing a new bundle because their customers are clamoring for it (as Sonos claims) require doing away with the old bundle??? Also, let us not forget that Sonos is the ONLY piece of consumer electronics equipment that I've ever seen, in my entire life, that has never dropped in price! It's one thing not to drop the price...It's another to actually raise the price (which they have essentially done, by doing away with the ZP100 package)!

John from Boston

I think you are absolutely right, they are raising the price. They are a business, not a charity, and the free consumer can choose to buy less because of that. I can't get very aggrevated over that.

Here in Germany, the maker of the Hifidelio (AKA Olive Musica) just went belly-up. This means for their customers no more updates, no more support and no warranty. So there are advantages in Sonos making a profit.

So I see it as Sonos scaling back on the incentives for the early adopters. (Which still makes it a price increase for a lot of future buyers.)
I think you are absolutely right, they are raising the price. They are a business, not a charity, and the free consumer can choose to buy less because of that. I can't get very aggrevated over that.

So there are advantages in Sonos making a profit.

While I don't disagree with you that Sonos should absolutely make a profit, it still doesn't make any sense to most why they would do away with a package they have always offered! This is a capitalist society, and I'm VERY okay with all companies making whatever the market bears! It is clearly in all of our best interest (at least those of us who are customers) for Sonos to continue to be a viable and fiscally strong company. I still think they should rethink the package they did away with!

John from Boston